Technical Services Consultant
ActiveNav is a fast-growing enterprise software company with global recognition as a leader in the file analysis market.
We are a company filled with people from around the globe who are passionate about our products and seek to deliver the best customer experience. We’re friendly, collaborative, high energy, and fast-moving with that start-up culture feel.
ActiveNav is headquartered in Reston, Virginia with offices in the US, UK, and AU.
This position is remote (can be in office for individuals located in the DC Metro area).
About the role:
As a Services Consultant at ActiveNav, you will provide post-sales deployment and services of our software. In this exciting and fast-paced role you will work with customers and sales/service partners to kick off projects, train, and consult with them to ensure their success with ActiveNav’s enterprise software solutions. You must be a detail-oriented, self-motivated, and results-driven Service Delivery professional, that deals well with ambiguity and can quickly prioritize deliverables in a fast-paced environment.
What you will do:
- Solve customer product related problems.
- Lead implementations through hands-on product deployment and client team training.
- Consult with customers or other departments on project status, proposals, and technical issues such as software installation, implementation, and day-to-day product use.
- Prepare reports and correspondence of project specifications, activities, and status.
- Support the development and execution for Project & Delivery Management service offerings including proposal support & delivery.
- Support strategic development of new business within existing accounts.
- Demonstrate and commit to customer service and service excellence.
- Lead online and classroom-based customer training sessions.
- Assess customer’s unstructured and semi-structured data.
- Implement file analysis products and/or other eDiscovery Solutions, Business Intelligence or other data-centric technologies.
- Data discovery and remediation projects/engagements with customers.
- Create file classifications and taxonomies based on customer’s data and migrate files to newly defined structures.
What you have:
- Minimum 3-4 years’ experience in professional services (data governance experience a plus)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Data Science, Computer Science, Information Science/Technology
Experience in these areas:
- Windows Server, IIS
- SQL Server & SQL query knowledge, SSAS
- Web applications/certificates/authentication
- Office365 / SharePoint / Exchange
- Active Directory
- SMB/CIFS, NFS, WEBDAV, and other data sharing protocols
- Cloud Services (AWS, Azure, Google)
- Regular Expression (Regex)
- Data Visualization Development (i.e., Tableau and Power BI)
- Advanced Excel
Experience in these areas is a plus:
- Building and initiating data governance policies, processes, and procedures
- Electronic records management, data governance, data privacy
- Delivering classroom and online group training sessions
- Analytics, metrics, and reporting of large data sets
- Technical Project Management
- Process development and documentation
ActiveNav is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Type: Full Time
Reports To: Head of Customer Success