Senior Sales Development Representative
ActiveNav is a fast-growing enterprise software company with global recognition as a leader in the file analysis market.
We are a company filled with people from around the globe who are passionate about our products and seek to deliver the best customer experience. We’re friendly, collaborative, high energy, and fast-moving with that start-up culture feel.
This role is based in Reston, VA.
ActiveNav is headquartered in Reston, Virginia with offices in the US, UK, and AU.
About the role:
As a Senior Sales Development Representative, you will support ActiveNav by engaging Fortune 1000 accounts through prospecting and program strategies. You will cultivate new opportunities with the right people at the right companies to support the ActiveNav large accounts sales team in achieving our targets.
Reporting into the Head of Sales, you will collaborate with sales executives, service delivery managers and marketing on strategies to effectively engage target accounts and convert to interested buyers. Not only is this position an opportunity to learn about engaging with Fortune 1000 accounts, but it is an opportunity to continue to build a foundation for a successful sales career in the technology space.
What you will do:
- Learn and convey ActiveNav value proposition through appropriate messaging and customer stories.
- Execute program strategies by following up with prospects in a timely manner to schedule meetings for the ActiveNav large accounts team.
- Learn the ActiveNav buyer’s journey to develop a holistic view of the overall pipeline.
- Hone your communication skills by working with internal coaches on cold calling, personalized emailing and objection handling.
- Engage prospects during your calls by demonstrating active listening skills and asking meaningful questions to gather preliminary information.
- Collaborate with ActiveNav sales executives on prospecting plans to engage accounts and markets.
- Work with large account reps to nurture, engage and close large accounts.
- Participate in weekly role-playing exercises to improve conversations with different personas and verticals.
What you have:
- Prior experience in sales development (i.e., researching, developing a pipeline, marketing campaigns, cold calling) – 2+ years of experience (ideally in Enterprise Software technology.)
- Ability to use a CRM (i.e., Salesforce) and research tools such as LinkedIn Navigator and ZoomInfo.
- Ability to work cross-functionally, learn new approaches and provide actionable feedback to improve results.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly motivated with a strong desire to learn, develop, and grow.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Data Science, Computer Science, Information Science/Technology
Experience in these areas:
- 2-4 years’ experience as a Sales Development Representative or Business Development Representative
ActiveNav is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Location: Reston, VA
Type: Full Time
Reports To: Head of Sales