Sales Development Representative
ActiveNav is a fast-growing enterprise software company with global recognition as a leader in the file analysis market.
We are a company filled with people from around the globe who are passionate about our products and seek to deliver the best customer experience. We’re friendly, collaborative, high energy, and fast-moving with that start-up culture feel.
This role is based in Reston, VA.
ActiveNav is headquartered in Reston, Virginia with offices in the US, UK, and AU.
About the role:
The Sales Development Representative act as the liaison between our Marketing and Sales teams. This role solely focuses on outbound prospecting, inbound lead qualification, moving leads into and through the sales funnel and setting up sales qualified appointments. You will seek new business opportunities by contacting and developing relationships with potential customers.
You will use your communication skills to cultivate strong relationships with customers, from first contact utilizing social media, e-mail and phone.
What you will do:
- Qualify leads from marketing campaigns as sales opportunities
- Contact potential clients through cold calls and emails
- Present our company to potential clients
- Identify client needs and suggest appropriate products/services
- Customize product solutions to increase customer satisfaction
- Build long-term trusting relationships with clients
- Proactively seek new business opportunities in the market
- Set up meetings or calls between (prospective) clients and Account Executives
- Report to the VP of Business Development on (weekly/monthly/quarterly) sales results
- Stay up to date with new products/services and new pricing/payment plans
What you have:
- Ability to self-manage time and multiple ongoing activities
- Great team player
- Demonstrate good oral and excellent written communication skills
- Have a genuine interest in the field of Sales and personality to match (e.g., outgoing, assertive, goal-oriented)
- Possess excellent research skills
- Experience with CRM software (e.g., Salesforce) a plus
- Familiarity with MS Excel (analyzing spreadsheets and charts)
- Understanding of sales performance metrics
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university in Business Management, Marketing, Finance or Communications
ActiveNav is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Location: Reston, VA
Type: Full Time
Reports To: Head of Sales