Product Support Engineer, Tier 2
ActiveNav is a fast-growing enterprise software company with global recognition as a leader in the file analysis market.
We are a company filled with people from around the globe who are passionate about our products and seek to deliver the best customer experience. Our products are recognized as industry leading, providing unique file analysis capabilities for the discovery, transformation and ongoing control of data wherever it lies in the enterprise. We’re on the hunt for innovators who consider themselves dynamic, collaborative and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
ActiveNav is headquartered in Reston, Virginia, with offices in the US, UK, and AU. This position is located in our Reston office.
We are seeking a Product Support Engineer (Tier 2) to provide technical support to our customers in support of our proprietary software. In this role you will analyze and resolve customer concerns and problems, diagnose the root cause, and document interactions. These issues would be those escalated from Tier 1.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Deliver second line (technical) Support to our customers and partners and assist with first line support where needed.
- Coordinated with our product development team to reproduce, diagnose and fix second-line issues to meet our service level agreement obligations.
- Develop expertise in troubleshooting and resolving problems with integration with our customers’ Microsoft stack environment.
- Develop and improve our resources including knowledge base articles, training materials, and product downloads library.
- Assist in planning and successfully deploying our Discovery Center product to our customers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Extensive knowledge of or the ability to quickly learn the organization’s production processes.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to serve as a liaison with developers, project managers, and customer support.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivation, enthusiasm with an excellent work ethic.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Required Education and Experience:
- Candidates should have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent, preferably in information systems, engineering, or a related subject.
- Three years of related experience is required.
- Strong technical foundation and experience in the use and administration of Microsoft Windows Server (including Internet Information Server) and SQL Server technologies.
- Experience in troubleshooting Active Directory and NTFS file share permissions.
- Experience working with cloud repository administration i.e. MS SharePoint, MS OneDrive, Google Drive, etc.
- A disciplined and thorough approach to technical problem-solving.
- In addition to the above, exceptional candidates will have experience of:
- Software support or help desk environment either in an enterprise or software vendor environment.
- Windows virtualization and networking; particularly SQL and SSAS connectivity to related domain servers.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
ActiveNav is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Location: Reston, VA
Type: Full Time
Reports To: Product Support Manager