ActiveNav is a fast-growing enterprise software company with global recognition as a leader in the file analysis market.
We are a company filled with people from around the globe who are passionate about our products and seek to deliver the best customer experience. Our products are recognized as industry leading, providing unique file analysis capabilities for the discovery, transformation and ongoing control of data wherever it lies in the enterprise. We’re on the hunt for innovators who consider themselves dynamic, collaborative and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
ActiveNav is headquartered in Reston, Virginia, with offices in the US, UK, and AU. This position is located in our Reston office.
About the role:
We are seeking a Product Manager to own and maintain our product roadmap and agile backlog that aligns our customer and business goals and will be responsible for its development, coordination and execution. Reporting directly to the CTO, you will be a key part of transforming our business as we take our first cloud solution to market.
Our expectation is that this role will be critical component of our business growth strategy and, with a successful launch, will be ideally positioned to develop to assume wider product leadership responsibilities.
What you will do:
- Build and maintain an organized and prioritized product backlog of deliverables for new product improvements, collaborate with stakeholders to promote alignment around product requirements.
- Establish a data-driven, customer-focused, mindset to drive product-market fit for our Hubble cloud technology and its products and solutions.
- Act as the product owner for the Hubble technology and related products, coordinating and specifying product requirements with our product development team .
- Lead and participate in agile ceremonies with our UK-based engineering team to ensure quality software delivery.
- Be the product expert for our customers and staff, educating and training internal stakeholders on the product.
- Lead customer research to develop our roadmap and requirements through close interaction with our customers.
- Develop, maintain and share product roadmaps that drive value for our customers and enable our market-leadership objectives.
What you have:
- 5+ years of product ownership experience with enterprise software products and particularly with experience launching early stage products into B2B markets.
- Knowledge of the enterprise data security, content management, data privacy, risk or compliance business space.
- Strong preference/affinity for customer research, user experience and other market-facing interactions as the best way to learn and gather market data.
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to present ideas on both the technical and business sides and at the executive, customer, intercompany and team levels.
- Innovators who consider themselves dynamic, collaborative and thrive in a fast-paced Startup environment.
- Experience working with agile development teams and the ability to work with those teams for requirements specification and to support all aspects of product development.
- Ability to generate collateral and other content in support of our overall sales and marketing effort.
- Able to influence and inspire a cross-functional team to reach ambitious goals.
- Ability and willingness to travel both to our development HQs in the United Kingdom and throughout the United States, as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
ActiveNav is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Location: Reston, VA
Type: Full Time
Reports To: Chief Technology Officer