ActiveNav is a fast-growing enterprise software company with global recognition as a leader in the file analysis market.
We are a company filled with people from around the globe who are passionate about our products and seek to deliver the best customer experience. We’re friendly, collaborative, high energy, and fast-moving with that start-up culture feel.
ActiveNav is headquartered in Reston, Virginia with offices in the US, UK, and AU. This position is remote (can be in office for individuals located in the DC Metro area).
About the role:
As a member of the Sales team at Active Nav, you will be responsible for working with direct and channel sales teams providing technical support, product demonstrations and executing proof of concept solution designs for direct and partner customer opportunities. In addition, the Sales Engineer will be responsible for building strong relationships with services and product development team members and voicing product change and creative direction based on customer and prospect opportunities. If you have a strong technical background and a passion for finding solutions to complex customer problems, this is the right role for you.
What you will do:
- Work as part of a team to provide technical sales support throughout the sales cycle across both direct and channel sales
- Participate in prospect discussions to fully understand the technical landscape and best fit solution
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations and sales demos that showcase ActiveNav’s product offerings
- Manage and execute a diverse set of highly engaging proof of concept activities to help drive sales to successful completion
- Manage and maintain our Azure product demonstration environment
- Support the sales team in the preparation of technical responses to RFI/RFP requests
- Support partner enablement activities through the delivery of product demos, product training, deployment support and creation of technical sales collateral
- Participate in the continuous development of pre-sales best practices
- Work closely with the sales team and product managers to identify gaps in current capabilities to drive the product roadmap and enhance offerings to the customer base
- Provide input to the tactical roadmap for ongoing and future product development
- Provide marketing support through conferences, webinars, podcasts, white papers etc.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams and subject matter experts within the organization to represent the voice and requirements of the customer throughout the sales cycle
- Develop strong relationships with all stakeholders; internal and external
What you have:
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in a software sales engineering role (data governance experience a plus)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Data Science, Computer Science, Information Science/Technology
- Experience of deploying software solutions in a variety of technical architectures.
- Technical experience in these areas:
- Windows Server, IIS
- SQL Server & SQL query knowledge, SSAS
- Web applications/certificates/authentication
- Office365 / SharePoint / Exchange
- SMB/CIFS, NFS, WebDAV, and other data sharing protocols
- Cloud Services (AWS, Azure, Google)
- Regular Expression Syntax (Regex)
- Advanced Excel
- Strong communication and presentation skills
Experience in these areas:
- An understanding of data governance policies, processes, and procedures
- Electronic records management, data governance, data privacy
- Experience in developing information architectures/content classification taxonomies
- Delivering classroom and online group training sessions
- Analytics, metrics, and reporting of large data sets
- Process development and documentation
ActiveNav is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Type: Full Time
Reports To: Head of Sales Engineering